2008 year in review meme
Wednesday 31st December 2008 2:24 pm
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
I went to Canada.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember if I made any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
18th October because it was the day I flew out to Canada
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I bought a new laptop
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not managing to go back to fencing
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was ill while I was moving, which was probably a stomach bug, rather than a soya intolerance
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
New mattress, laptop, holiday to Canada, moving house-related things
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Canada
14. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Probably the latest Coldplay album because both me and my sister (independently) had it in our car stereos, so I heard it a lot of times when I moved
15. Compared to this time last year, are you richer or poorer?
Poorer, I think
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing, swimming, sleeping
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Can't think of anything I'd be able to get away with doing less of
18. How will you be spending Christmas?
19. Did you fall in love in 2008?
20. What was your favourite TV program?
Of new things I saw this year, Outnumbered. Of old things, Spooks
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Just one person
22. What was the best book you read?
I don't know, there were lots
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Killers and similar bands (according to last.fm)
24. What did you want and get?
A new job
25. What did you want and not get?
A million pounds?
26. What was your favourite film of this year?
I must have seen some films but for the life of me I can't remember a single one now...
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was at the Rotaract National Conference. And I am still in my twenties, that's all you need to know.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not moving but having quiet neighbours anyway
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Whatever I pick up out of the wardrobe first
30. What kept you sane?
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
It's always Ewan McGregor
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
There must have been some, I just can't think of them now
33. Who did you miss?
I don't know that there was anyone
34. Who was the best new person you met?
All the TR people (except for Manda, who I already knew)
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Er... Don't live in Canada, the weather's strange?
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I'm crap with song lyrics
Categories: Meme, New Year : Meme: real life |