Sunday 28th October 2018 8:57 pm
1. A few weeks ago I lost the part of my sat nav lead where you plug it into the car charger. I had it on the way and on the way back it wasn't in my bag, wasn't in the car and wasn't in the hotel room. I suspect it's in the same place missing pens go.
When looking up where to buy a new one from I discovered Halfords sell general USB to car adaptors, so I bought one, tried it and it didn't work. So I took it back and bought a branded one for twice the price, which also came with two cables. I assume one of them is for something different and I assume I have one of those in my sat nav box that I've clearly never needed. Well, now I have a spare.
I plugged the sat nav in one morning when I went to work and it charged. I unplugged it, it told me it was switching off, so I put it back in its bag and set off. It waited until I had set off to tell me to turn right (my sat nav not only doesn't know where I live, it doesn't even believe my house exists). I then had to listen to it telling me to turn round at every roundabout until I had the opportunity to stop and turn it off.
What made it all the more annoying is that usually as soon as it finds satellites it forgets the route I have planned. I hadn't used it for a couple of weeks and yet the one time I would have been happy for it to forget, it remembered.
2. On the subject of my sat nav, I discovered it really doesn't understand a big roundabout near me. As I neared it it told me there was a right turn ahead...
3. Gone to the same lost pen place, is my fiddle ring. I had it on when I left the house and then later I didn't. I don't think it helped that it was a bit big and now it's colder my fingers are smaller. I have bought some more (so this time I have spares) half a size smaller, so they still fit on the fourth fingers of both hands.
(I read somewhere that the fingers on your dominant hand are slightly bigger than the fingers on your other hand. For me it's the other way round)
4. I've already written the first draft of my Yuletide fic. I read my assignment on Monday morning and had the basic idea by the time I left for work. But I need to get it done soon as work goes crazy in November, until a week before Christmas, and when it does I won't have the time or energy for writing. Or anything.
5. I accidentally ended up completely happily on GMT today. I overdid things a bit the past few days and stayed up too late. Then at 5:30 this morning I was woken up by my neighbours slamming their back door a few times (not the first time I've heard them do that in the middle of the night, I have no idea why). Having been woken up I was therefore really hot*, so got up to go to the toilet to cool me (and the bed) down a bit.
And then I thought that it was really cold and the heating should be on by now. My heating is set based on when the house is coldest and stopping Sammy from getting too cold, rather than when I might need it. At which point I realised that although my clock said it was 5:30, it was actually 4:30 and my heating knows when we change the clocks. So I ended up having to go downstairs to turn the heating on, because there wasn't much point in it coming on just before dawn on a day that was due to be sunny.
I took a while to get back to sleep after that (not least because I was still hot, despite having gone down to the kitchen, which is the coldest room in the house). When I woke up it was a lot later than I usually wake up, although I usually wake up earlier than I want to.
I tried feeding Sammy an hour earlier, as it might mean he is still on BST and would get up an hour earlier, but I think it's on whatever time zone I am.
*I remember learning in biology at school that when you sleep your temperature goes down. Mine really doesn't.
Categories: Life : Life |