Sunday 9th February 2020 5:10 pm
Or things that have (or have not) happened since I had time to blog, months ago...
1. Back in November Sammy had a stroke, struggled for a week and then died. It was a year and seven months old, which made him an old man, but on the young side of old. He couldn't sit up and hold his food and after some experimentation I ended up hitting it with a hammer to break it into bits. Although I found that the sweetcorn pieces still stay in one piece. And it's hard to get into a sunflower seed shell using only your fingernails. I will get another hamster later this year.
2. I still haven't read Yuletide. Or any of the other secret santa ficathons. They went live around the time I was ill and it was a while before I could use a computer and then a while before I could use one much. And before then I hadn't read much, mostly because I was either busy or tired. So it just hasn't happened. None of it is going anywhere, so there's plenty of time to get round to it.
3. I have got back into 100 days of code, starting at the beginning of this month. So far I've created two sites, although one was so simple it only took me two hours.
4. One of the things I need to do before I get a new hamster is to sort the lounge out. When I had Sammy, getting to some of my DVDs was a bit tricky.
And some of them had poos on. I first need to sort out the mess/dumping ground of my spare room so I can see what space I have for stuff and what storage I have spare. I've started doing half an hour per free weekend, so I've not done much but I will get through it slowly. I definitely need to sort out the kitchen cupboards too, as I have mugs in one cupboard, glasses in another and tumblers in a third. Mind you, if you want something to drink out of, opening pretty much any cupboard will get you something.
5. Tesco have started reducing the amount of frozen free from they have. But I have found that Asda are pretty good for free from (better than Tesco proportionally) and even Lidl have some. But Sainsburys are now the only shop in this town that sell my milk, since Tesco decided to increase the amount of space they had for alternative milks so couldn't fit in mine. My grocery shopping has ended up being all the shops.
Categories: Life : Life |